- CZ: Prague Media Point Conference: What’s Working (December 3-5, 2020, Prague, CZ)
Prague Media Point’s mission is to foster the media’s work for the public good by convening solution-oriented expert gatherings that bring together unique, regional perspectives and provide lasting networking experiences.
The 2020 edition of Prague Media Point will highlight these types of inspiring examples and more. We will offer a mix of scholarly presentations, including keynote addresses; sessions with innovators explaining their solutions; and networking opportunities to promote the exchange of know-how. #PragueMediaPoint
- CZ: Solutions Journalism workshop (December 7, 2019 – following the Prague Media Point)
This is your opportunity to learn more the ins and outs of Solutions Journalism – rigorous and compelling reporting on responses to social problems. At the three-hour workshop you will learn all you need to know about this approach, which has been transforming newsrooms across the United States and is now expanding to Europe and other parts of the globe. Come hear what it is, why it’s important, and why practitioners feel it gets them back to why they wanted to become journalists in the first place. Top experts from the New-York-based organization Solutions Journalism Network will explain how to write or broadcast your own Solutions Journalism stories, from idea to reporting to completed piece. The workshop will take place on December 7, 2019, 1pm-4pm and it is open also to attendees outside of the conference. Entry fee: € 55 (ticket required).
- CZ: Prague Media Point Conference: What’s Working (December 5-7, 2019, Prague, CZ)
Tomes have been written and numerous events have been held over the past decade lamenting the plight of the media in the modern world. Much less attention has been paid to what’s actually working to challenge negative trends, especially beyond the success stories of the big, well-funded players in the United States and Western Europe. But hopeful examples do exist that are having real impact, with the possibility of adaption and replication.
- CZ: Kyser Lough: Telling the whole story by providing the whole picture (June 25, 2019)
Join us to learn more about what research has revealed about the importance of visuals in Solutions Journalism, how to consider the visual components of your coverage, and get some recommendations for success.
Kyser Lough focuses on visual communication and solutions journalism. His work investigates audience effects, how it is conceptualized/created and the interplay of words and images.
- CZ: How to do Solutions Journalism – hands-on workshop (Prague, June 25, 2019)
- HU: How to do Solutions Journalism – hands-on workshop (Budapest, June 4, 2019)
- CZ, SK: Kathryn Thier – Investigative reporting & SJ (Prague, Brno, and Bratislava, March 25-28, 2019)
How to connect investigative journalism and Solutions Journalism? How are both approaches similar and what’s needed for journalists to tell the “whole story”? This past March Kathryn Thier from the University of Oregon spoke about these topics on a visit to Central Europe at the invitation of Transitions.
>>> More info and video from Kathryn’s keynote…
- BREAKING: COVID-19 and Solutions Journalism
- Find out What is Solutions Journalism
- Read about How we Promote Solutions Journalism in Central & Eastern Europe?
- Learn more about our Microgrants & Mentoring Program
- Check videos from previous events and other information sources.