NGO Development Assistant
About the company
Transitions (TOL) has numerous opportunities for students, especially those interested in journalism, the media business, development, and marketing. TOL is an international publishing and media development nonprofit organization based in Prague. Our mission is to improve the professionalism, independence, and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. As a public-service media entity we are committed to using local voices to provide probing, informed coverage of these countries.
This internship provides an introduction to non-profit management, development (obtaining and managing grants), and fundraising. The Project Assistant Intern will gain invaluable experience with different donors and their requirements and will be provided with a full introduction to project cycle management.
- Writing new grant applications, i.e. budgeting and background research;
- Editing narrative reports by non-native project managers from our coverage region;
- Drafting grant interim and final financial reports according to donor requirements;
- Researching potential new donors; and
- Exploring new methods of fundraising (including crowdfunding).
High proficiency of oral and written English; good knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience in drafting reports/projects, fundraising, and administrative work.
- This traineeship is unpaid. All costs related to travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- The trainees are responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- The traineeship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the trainees can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (no longer than one page) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.