Marketing/Social Media Intern
Area of internship: social media, marketing, business development
Location: Due to the current epidemiological situation, all the internships we offer are remote.
Transitions has numerous opportunities for students, especially those interested in journalism, the media business, development, and marketing. TOL is an international publishing and media development nonprofit organization based in Prague. Our mission is to improve the professionalism, independence, and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. As a public-service media entity we are committed to using local voices to provide probing, informed coverage of these countries.
This internship provides an introduction to business and marketing practices at an international publisher and training institution, as well as insights into social business and social entrepreneurship. TOL is in the process of designing a new social media strategy to promote its publishing and training activities, and the intern will be involved in the finalization of these plans and implementation.
- Assisting with sales and marketing of training courses and Transitions Online magazine, as well as other products such as e-books and special reports;
- Assisting in the further development of marketing and social media strategies;
- Creating/editing promotion texts for email marketing campaigns and social media accounts;
- Helping manage all of Transitions’ social media accounts and launch new ones (Instagram, etc.);
- Developing marketing materials and other media content for marketing needs;
- Analyzing campaigns;
- Liaising with both potential and existing customers.
Desired skills: Native speaker in English with a journalism-related, business-related, or social media background; strong communication skills; excited about building our social media presence; extensive understanding of social media platforms; proficiency with graphical software (Adobe Photoshop, Indesign) welcome.
Schedule: approx. 10-15 hours per week
Conditions: This internship is unpaid. An internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the interns can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply: Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (no longer than one page) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.