Foreign Correspondent Training Course
Going on Assignment – Online Course – November 2020
Date: November 9, 2020 – November 20, 2020
Location: Online Journalism Course
Looking for something valuable to do in fall, this time from the safety and comfort of your own home?
Whether your dream is to work as a journalist parachuting into foreign lands, or as an activist, advocating for resolutions to global issues, our foreign reporting course will prepare you for whatever lies ahead.
- Not only will you learn the tricks of the trade directly from working foreign correspondents, you will pursue actual stories under the guidance of our faculty.
- Working journalists from Reuters and the BBC will provide hands-on mentoring on print and audio stories.
- You will also receive lectures from professionals who have reported for The New York Times, The Associated Press, The Washington Post, The Guardian, CNN, and top Czech media.
- Our faculty will give you advice on working from home, locating quality sources, and structuring your story. If you choose to do a story from the Czech Republic, we’ll help in setting up interviews.
- Once you’re done, we’ll give you valuable, detailed feedback on all your work.
- By the conclusion of these two weeks with us, you will end up with the skills to report from abroad and, just as importantly, a publishable piece of reporting.
- All lectures will be held live, allowing questions and answers but will also be recorded in case you miss them.
The course is open to:
- College and university-level students. Some journalism experience or academic background is helpful but not essential.
- Journalists who have some experience but would like to increase their skills and knowledge.
- Others who can demonstrate a genuine interest in journalism, audio/radio.
If you have a passion for this line of work and want to acquire some practical skills, join us for new online course this January!
Learn from experienced teachers!
Since 2005 this course has provided hundreds of participants from around the world with the necessary skills to hit the ground running and produce compelling content. Our journalism instruction is an outgrowth of Transitions’ years of experience in publishing an online newsmagazine and working with foreign correspondents worldwide.
Jeremy Druker, our course convenor and faculty member, holds a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and a masters in international affairs from Columbia University. He co-founded Transitions back in 1999 giving him more than twenty years of experience in working with and mentoring journalists. Participants will benefit from Jeremy’s knowledge and guidance throughout the course. Find out more about the rest of our faculty here.
Want to get more information? Please see the curriculum or email firstname.lastname@example.org.