Community Outreach/Crowdfunding Intern
Area of Internship: Community outreach and marketing support
Location: Can be carried-out remotely
Transitions runs an innovative crowdfunding platform, pressstart.org, which is designed to change the way journalism is funded in the developing world and countries in transition. The site encourages people who care about supporting quality journalism and freedom of the press to support some of the bravest reporters. Join our international team of experienced journalists, social media experts, and free press advocates to help promote and improve the project. Also, gain a unique experience and set of skills in areas such as crowdfunding and social entrepreneurship.
- Assisting in the design and execution of marketing campaigns (both via personal contacts and creating/distributing promotional material), including through social media;
- Assisting in the creation of profiles for featured journalists;
- Writing for the site blog.
- Negotiable, but we ask for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- This internship is unpaid. All costs related to travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- The interns are responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- An internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the interns can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (A4 page max.) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.