Business / Marketing Assistant at Transitions (TOL)
Transitions (TOL) is an international publishing and media development organization based in Prague and registered as a Czech non-profit organization. TOL’s mission is to improve the professionalism, independence, and impact of the news media in the 30 post-communist countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the former Soviet Union. Since its founding in 1999, TOL’s flagship publication, Transitions Online, has become the leading news magazine covering Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the former Soviet Union. The organization also runs a wide range of donor-funded projects across the region designed to boost the independence of the media and the impact of civic activism.
A selection of the projects
Schedule: 15-40 hours/week (negotiable)
We require a minimum of 100 hours at TOL’s offices in Prague for semester-long interns, and a full-time commitment for a minimum of six weeks for summer interns.
This internship provides an introduction to business and marketing practices at an international publisher and training institution, as well as insights into social business and social entrepreneurship.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Assisting with sales and marketing of training courses and Transitions Online magazine, as well as other products such as, e-books and special reports;
- Creating and sending TOL newsletters
- Designing sales campaigns for magazine and training courses;
- Developing marketing materials and other media content for marketing needs;
- Executing sales and marketing campaigns (both via personal contact and creating/distributing promotional material), including through social media;
- Updating sales records and customer databases;
- Analyzing campaigns;
- Processing sales orders;
- Liaising with both potential and existing customers;
- Researching for new clients (creating and updating lists).
Previous experience in a business/marketing position is an advantage but not a requirement. We don’t require any language skills, but any knowledge of languages of our coverage region, especially Russian, would be very welcome.
- This internship is unpaid. All costs related to travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- The interns are responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- An internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the interns can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (A4 page max.) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to email@example.com. Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.