Prague Media Point
Prague Media Point Conference: What’s Working
Date: December 3, 2020 – December 5, 2020
Location: HubHub - Palác Ara, Perlová 5, 110 00 Prague 1
CALL FOR ACADEMIC ABSTRACTS AND SESSION PROPOSALS is OPEN
Our theme in 2020 is (again) WHAT’S WORKING #PragueMediaPoint
Back by popular demand! Last year, we at Prague Media Point decided we had had enough of all the doom and gloom around the media industry. Instead of looking backward at all the problems that have plagued the media in the internet age, we wanted to highlight initiatives, projects, and individuals that are actively countering those trends — and succeeding. This solution-oriented approach resonated strongly with conference attendees, and based on their positive feedback, we have decided to adopt the same theme. Once again, we are encouraging submissions of abstracts and sessions that focus on examples in the media that are working and generating impact in the following subjects and topics, though this list is not exhaustive:
– Innovative ways to cover climate change
– Media projects to counter polarization and disinformation
– Technology & security in editorial work and content delivery
– Effective methods for resisting threats to media freedom
– Engagement through social media
– Solutions and constructive journalism
– Trust-building techniques
– Different forms of storytelling
– Innovative business and ownership models
– Diversity in the newsroom
Join us at the next Prague Media Point – an interdisciplinary conference for journalists, media professionals, scholars, media activists, entrepreneurs and policy-makers.
Please submit your 500-word abstracts and a short bio by June 1, 2020.
Download our template for abstracts or for session proposals.
Submission deadline is June 1, 2020
Conference attendees are encouraged to present their best practices. More information is availble here.
– Learn about the cutting-edge examples of innovations
– Network with leading professionals and experts in an informal setting
– Stay for the stunning scenery of Prague
For more information on submission, deadlines, and fees go to this www.praguemediapoint.com or contact: Dagmar Caspe, Project Coordinator, email@example.com